We love a good bucket list. In our opinion, everyone should make a list of crazy bucket list ideas to try at least once in their lifetime. The goal with these crazy ideas for a bucket list is to give you a ton of inspiration so you can pick and choose the ones that resonate with you to come up with your own adventurous bucket list!
We’ve created so many bucket lists over the years, most of which are generally based around travel. From destination bucket lists, to our very-popular Ultimate Travel Bucket List! They are the ultimate travel inspiration tool! (We’ve also got a few bucket lists for you to download at the end of this article).
If you’ve landed on this page looking for some inspiration, then we’ve got you sorted. We’ve done a little brainstorming to come up with some fun, adrenaline-packed, and a few totally insane bucket list ideas. We’ve managed to tick off quite a few, but there are some we are still yet to try (and even a few that are beyond our capability)!
From the extreme to the downright wacky, here are 101 bucket list ideas for the crazy and seriously adventurous at heart! Let’s dive right in…
These crazy bucket list ideas are sure to get you out of your comfort zone!
Related articles you might be interested in:
No time to read this now? Pin it for later!
Did You Know? We use ads to help pay the bills so we can continue to publish free travel advice. We also have affiliate partnerships, so when you click through and make a purchase or book your stay from one of our blog posts, we may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting Bucket List Seekers! Read our Disclosure Policy for more details.
In This Post:
101 Crazy Ideas for a Bucket List
Adrenaline Bucket List Ideas
Are you an adrenaline junkie? Or perhaps you just love the thrill of trying something you wouldn’t normally dare to do. The following adrenaline-packed bucket list ideas are not overly extreme (you’ll find those are further down the list). But they are sure to get your heart pumping!
Here are some ideas to add to your adrenaline bucket list that will most certainly get you out of your comfort zone:
- Go ski touring
- Go whitewater rafting
- Try canyoning
- Try a hydrofoil surfboard
- Descend into an ice cave
- Go dune bashing on an ATV in the desert
- Plunge into the ocean in a submarine
- Take an ice dip
- See a live volcanic eruption
- Learn how to surf
- Try white water rafting
- Drive a race car around a Formula One track
- Descend inside a volcano
- Go diving inside a shipwreck (or plane wreck)
- Learn how to free dive
- See a glacier calving
- Try glacier hiking
- Have dinner in the sky
- Go cave diving
- Try jet boating
Crazy Bucket List Ideas involving Heights
Wanting to conquer your fear of heights? Or maybe you just love the thrill of jumping off a tall building or out of a plane. Here are some crazy ideas for a bucket list that will absolutely get the adrenaline pumping!
- Go heli-skiing
- Learn to fly a plane
- Go cliff jumping
- Go bungee jumping
- Rappel down a waterfall
- Try out acrobatics
- Try ice climbing
- Take a sunrise hot air balloon ride
- Go skydiving
- Climb an active volcano
- Go zip-lining through the jungle
- Try snowmobiling
Extreme Bucket List Ideas
Looking for something a little more out there? Here’s a small list of the most extreme bucket list ideas in the world that are only for the most adventurous (and experinced) at heart.
Word of Warning: These are the craziest bucket list ideas we could think of, and some can get very risky and generally require a high level of skill and years of training. Unfortunately, because of this, we have never actually done any of these activities ourselves, as they are well beyond our physical capabilties (and more than our stomachs could handle)! So, it has to be mentioned that if you decide to partake in any of these extreme bucket list ideas, you do so entirely at your own risk!
- Climb an Eight-Thousander, or all 14 of them (i.e. the 14 peaks in the world above 8000 feet high)
- Experience a wingsuit flight
- Go cliff diving
- Do a marathon (or an Ironman)
- Try free soloing (rock climbing without ropes)
- Climb the highest summit on each continent
- Try wing walking
- Take a flight into space
Crazy Bucket List Ideas with Animals
Love animals? So do we. Some of our favourite adventurous bucket list ideas involve getting up close and personal with wild animals (in a safe way, of course).
Word of Warning: We love ticking off bucket list items just as much as we love animals. So, we strongly encourage you to ensure these activities at carried out in a humane way before participating in them. And always remember that wild animals can be unpredictable.
- See a herd of elephants in the wild
- Ride a camel through the Sahara
- See a tiger in the wild
- Go diving with Great White Sharks
- Swim with crocodiles in Darwin, Australia
- Go gorilla trekking in Uganda
- Swim with dolphins in the wild
- Go dog sledding
- Swim with humpback whales
- Cosy up to penguins in Antarctica
- Hang out with wild orangutans in Malaysia
- Swim with whale sharks
- See a polar bear in the wild
- Diving with manta rays
Adventurous Bucket List Ideas involving Travel
Most adventurous bucket list ideas involve travel of some kind. And because Bucket List Seekers is a couple travel bucket list blog, this list of crazy bucket list ideas would not be complete without throwing in a few once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences involving a plane ride to someplace new.
We’ve got bucket lists for epic destinations like Hawaii, Iceland, Italy, Bali, and more. But out of all our travels, these are the adventure travel bucket list ideas that we recommend the most (plus we’ve included a few that we cannot wait to tick off our own travel bucket list!):
- Spend a night in the Ice Hotel
- Take a mystery flight to somewhere random
- Visit every country in the world
- Swim to the edge of Victoria Falls
- Stand on the North Pole
- Stand on the South Pole
- Stand at the top of the Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world)
- Hike Mount Hua in China – the world’s most dangerous hike!
- Go camping in Antarctica
- Fly somewhere in First Class
- Mountain bike along Death Road in Bolivia
- Ride in a helicopter over the Great Barrier Reef
- Eat at the underwater restaurant in the Maldives
- Stay in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora
- Sail around the world
- Attend La Tomatina in Spain
- Join the Songkran water fight in Thailand
- Visit all 7 wonders of the world
- Dive between two continents in Iceland
- Attend a Burning Man festival
- Trek the Kokoda trail
- See the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
- See the Southern Lights (Aurora Australis)
- Wear an animal onesie around Tokyo for a day
- Visit the DMZ
- Travel solo to a foreign country
- Go the Holi Festival of Colours in India
- Road trip around Australia
- Hike to Everest Base Camp
- Visit all 7 continents
Feeling inspired? Here are 10 amazing destinations you must add to your Travel Bucket List!
Other Adventure Bucket List Ideas
While the following crazy bucket list ideas are not based around travel, or extreme activities, they are a list of things to achieve in your life that is still considered a little ‘crazy’ or ‘unattainable’ by most people’s standards. Basically, we felt that this list of adventure bucket list ideas just wouldn’t be complete without including these:
- Learn another language
- Go skinny dipping
- Compete in an Olympic Games
- Get your name into the Guinness Book of World Records
- Host a murder mystery party
- Sleep under the stars
- Get scuba certified
- Say ‘YES’ to everything for a day
- Join a flash mob
- Move to another country
- Experience a silent disco
- Try SUP yoga
- Sleep in an igloo
- Spend a night in a castle
- Get a tattoo
- Write a book
- Quit your job
- Live debt free!
How many of these crazy bucket list ideas can you tick off?
Have we missed something? Can you recommend any other crazy ideas for a bucket list to our readers? Leave your recommendations in the comments below!
Download our Adventure Bucket List for FREE + Access Loads of Other Travel Resources!
Enter your email below and subscribe to our newsletter to access our travel resources library with loads of free printable destination bucket lists, plus this list of crazy bucket list ideas!
Inside the library, you’ll also find is a ton of other freebies including itineraries, eBooks, packing and planning checklists. There is also a heap of destination maps featuring the exact location of the best things to see and do – save the maps to your phone and access on-the-go using the Google Maps app!
Enter your details below (don’t worry, we won’t spam you) and check your inbox for more details!This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.
Discover More in our Travel Bucket List Series:
About the Author:
Amanda Twine is the founder and creator of Bucket List Seekers – a luxury travel blog sharing informative travel guides, food guides, hotel reviews, itineraries, and tips about how to make luxury travel more affordable.
Connect with us on Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter. If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends!