Are you planning a trip to the southern-most territory in the United States and looking for a list of the best bucket list things to do in Hawaii? We’ve got it right here.
Hawaii is one of our favourite island destinations in the world. One that we could go back to again and again. And there are so many cool things to do that we’ve still yet to tick some of these things of our own Hawaii bucket list!
Whether you’re planning to visit Oahu, Maui, Kauai, The Big Island, Lana’i or Moloka’i, we’ve got 85 bucket list Hawaii items that cover the main tourist islands.
Create your own Bucket List for Hawaii using our inspiration below!
From Jurassic Park-like landscapes to stunning waterfalls, amazing places to eat, and epic hiking spots. This Hawaii bucket list reveals all the top things to do in Hawaii.
here are 85 Bucket List things to do in Hawaii
No time to read this now? Pin it for later!
Did You Know? We use ads to help pay the bills so we can continue to publish free travel advice. We also have affiliate partnerships, so when you click through and make a purchase or book your stay from one of our blog posts, we may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting Bucket List Seekers! Read our Disclosure Policy for more details.
In This Post:
Hawaii Bucket List – Overview
If you don’t have time to read all 85 of the best things to do in Hawaii, don’t worry. We totally understand. We’ve put together a handy two-page checklist for you to download instead – take it with you on your trip and tick off items as you go!
Click here to head to our resource library and download the checklist now or keep on reading about our recommendations of the best bucket list things to do in Hawaii.
Map of Bucket List Things to do in Hawaii
We’ve created a handy Hawaii Bucket List Map to help plan your trip. We’ve created the map using Google Maps so you can save to your phone and access it on-the-go using the Google Maps app.
The map below features all the top Hawaii Bucket List items mentioned in this article, plus many more. To get free access to this map to use on-the-go, plus tons of additional useful travel freebies, click here to sign up to our Travel Resource Library.
85 Best Things to do in Hawaii
Oahu Bucket List
- Swim with wild spinner dolphins off the coast at Paradise Cove
- Go snorkelling at Sharks Cove
- Swim in Waimea falls
- Go cliff jumping at Waimea Beach
- Take a road trip along Oahu’s North Shore
- Hike to Lanikai Pillbox for sunrise
- Experience a traditional Hawaiian luau ceremony and dinner
- Try garlic shrimp from the famous North Shore Food Trucks
- Watch the Friday Night Fireworks at Waikiki Beach
- Learn about WWII history at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbour
- Wander through the Hoomaluhia Botanical Gardens
- Kayak or sail from Kailua Beach to the Mokulua Islands
- Climb the infamous (and illegal) Stairway to Heaven
- Climb to the top of Diamond Head
- Go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay
- Watch a big wave surfing competition at Pipeline
- Conquer the worlds largest maze at Dole Plantation
- Hike to Makapuu Lighthouse for sunrise
- Enjoy the sunset at Sunset Beach
- Swim with turtles at Laniakea Beach
- Climb the 1000 steps of Koko Head Crater Hike
- Take an ATV tour at Kualoa Ranch
- Swim with the sting rays at Electric Beach
- Swing off the rope at Waimano Falls
- Watch the King Kamehameha Hula Competition
- Go zip-lining at Keana Farms
- Go diving with sharks on the North Shore
- Learn how to surf at Waikiki Beach
- Hike to Manoa Falls
- Try Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa
- Indulge in a traditional Hawaiian style cooking class
Maui Bucket List
- Drive the road to Hana (one of the most popular road trips in Hawaii)
- Go snorkeling or diving at the remains of Molokini Crater
- Enjoy the sunset (or sunrise) at Haleakala Crater
- Try a heart-pumping canyoning experience and rappel down a waterfall
- See the Nakalele Blow Hole along the Road to Hana
- Visit the black sand beach at Waianapanapa State Park
- Go snorkeling at Kapalua Bay Beach
- Swim in the Seven Sacred Pools at ‘Ohe’o
- Try Maui’s premier farm-to-table foodie experience at O’o Farm
- Relax at one of Hawaii’s largest undeveloped beaches at Makena State Beach Park
- Hike the Pipiwai Trail to Waimoku Falls
- Go ziplining at sunrise through Haleakala National Park
Kauai Bucket List
- Fly in an open door helicopter over the Nā Pali coast
- Go mountain tubing through tunnels and caves with Kauai Backcountry Adventures
- Stand at the top of the twin falls at Wailea Falls
- Do a Kaua’i Movie Adventure Tour
- Go hiking along the famous Kalalau Trail in Nā Pali Coast State Park
- Admire the stunning views at Waimea Canyon Lookout
- See giant green sea turtles and monk seals at Poipu Beach
- Hike to Waipo’o Falls
- Go snorkeling at Tunnels Beach
- Swim at Queens Bath sinkhole
- Hike the Sleeping Giant Trailhead
The Big Island Bucket List
- Play in the snow at the top of Mauna Kea and stargaze through the telescopes
- Wander through the Thurston Lava Tube or the Kaumana Cave near Hilo
- Go hiking on the Kilauea Iki trail, one of the best hikes on the Big Island
- See hidden waterfalls on the Kohala Coast and lava flows into the Pacific Ocean on a helicopter tour
- Explore the wild forests and cliffs on an ATV tour on the Hamakua and Kohala coasts
- Snorkel next to the Captain Cook Monument in Kealakekua bay
- Visit the 422 foot tall Akaka Falls
- Wade in the hot ponds and tide pools in the Puna district
- Go horseback riding through the Waipi’o Valley
- Hold a tiny seahorse at the Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm
- Wander through ancient forests at the Hawaii Tropical Gardens near Hilo
- Visit Kalae – the southern most point in the USA
- Enjoy a brew at the Kona Coffee Farm
- See the Rainbow Falls (Waianuenue) in Hilo (early in the morning is the best time to see the rainbow)
- Try night diving or snorkelling with Manta Rays
- Hike across solidified lava fields at the Jurassic Park-esque Hawaii Volcanos National Park
- Go swimming at Green Sand Beach (Mahana Beach)
Lanai Bucket List
- Take a road trip to the Garden of the Gods
- Stay at the Four Season Lana’i Resort
- Take a trip to Kaiolohia Beach and see the massive shipwreck
- Capture photos and learn about the history of Sweetheart Rock
- Go snorkeling or play in the tide pools at Hulopoe Bay Beach Park
- Enjoy the seclusion of Polihua Beach
- Hike the Munro Trail
- Go scuba diving through the lava tunnels and sea caves in the Lana’i Cathedrals
- Spend a day meeting strays at the Lana’i Cat Sanctuary
Molokai Bucket List
- See 1000 coconut trees at Kapuaiwa Coconut Grove
- Hike the Pepeopae Trail in Kakamou Preserve
- Check out the white sands at Papohaku Beach
- Admire the Olo’upena Falls from the air
- Hike through the Halawa Valley to beautiful Moaula Falls
Have we missed a spot? Can you recommend any other great Hawaii Bucket List ideas for other visitors to check out, let us know in the comments below!
Download This Hawaiian Bucket List for FREE + Access Loads of Other Travel Resources!
Are you planning a trip to Hawaii soon? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and as a special bonus only available to subscribers, you’ll get free access to our printable Hawaii Bucket List!
You’ll also get exclusive access to a ton of free and useful travel resources including printable bucket lists, travel packing and preparation check lists, detailed travel itineraries, and detailed maps to access on-the-go directly from the Google Maps app on your phone!
Enter your details below (don’t worry, we won’t spam you) and check your inbox for more details!This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.
Ready to Book Your Trip to Hawaii?
Hawaii is one of the world’s top Bucket List Destinations. We hope this Hawaii Bucket List has given you loads of idea of what to do on your next trip.
To make the most of your trip, be sure to check out what’s on in Hawaii by visiting the official Go Hawaii website. And don’t forget to take a look at our other articles from amazing places we’ve visited in Hawaii.
Looking for Somewhere to Stay in Hawaii?
Use the search box below to take advantage of the Booking.com Best Price Guarantee and get the best rates on accommodation in Hawaii!Booking.com
Have a great trip to Hawaii!
Feeling inspired? Here are 10 amazing destinations you must add to your Travel Bucket List!
Planning a trip soon? Here’s a list of the websites we use for booking our trips:
- Skyscanner for the best flight deals
- Booking.com for the best rates on hotels
- HomeAway for the best price on apartment and home rentals
- Rentalcars.com for quick and easy car rentals
- Luxury Escapes | Expedia for luxury package holiday deals and tours
- Get Your Guide | Klook | Viator for booking day tours and attraction tickets
- Tourradar for a wide selection of multi-day tours
- Safety Wing for the most comprehensive worldwide travel insurance
Did You Know? We use ads and affiliate links on this website. When you click through and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you), that helps us pay the bills to keep running this blog as a free resource. We only recommend products we use ourselves. If you’re planning to book a trip soon, please consider clicking through the links above, so that we can continue to provide free travel guides, just like this one! Please see our Disclosure Policy for more details.
About the Author:
Amanda Twine is the founder and creator of Bucket List Seekers – a luxury travel blog sharing informative travel guides, food guides, hotel reviews, itineraries, and tips about how to make luxury travel more affordable.